Many health diseases and infections are borne out of poor hygiene and the body’s susceptibility to toxic environments. No matter how much distasteful it may sound, our body will always be an open area for the invasion of microbes and other hazardous elements and chemicals. Even if we stay inside our clean room for the rest of our lives, air borne infections will always find their way inside our body.
In fact, the human body is already an ecosystem for various microorganisms. Some of them are beneficial but many are not. To keep the bad ones from pestering our system, detoxification is the best way to eliminate these harmful objects. This is a process wherein we free ourselves of unwanted chemicals, organisms and compounds that accumulate inside our system.
Effective Approaches to Detox
There are hundreds of ways of detoxification with varying results. You may not be aware but some of your activities and food intakes remove certain harmful substances from your body. Keeping these routines will give you lots of health benefits.
Here are some examples of natural detoxification processes and their benefits to health :
- Fasting is done by many religions throughout the world. It is not just about abstaining from food to appease a god or gods but it is also a scientifically proven way to make the organs rest.
- Physical workout causes sweating and proper blood circulation which is a good way to force toxins out of the body through. It also helps you burn more calories and boost your immune system.
- Taking a bath regularly will prevent the invasion of foreign materials inside your body as it sweeps off those pathogens which are residing in the skin.
- Increased intake of vitamin C stimulates glutathione production in the body. This substance instructs the liver to eliminate more toxins.
- You should drink at least two quarts or eight glasses of water each day.
- Deep breathing will force in more oxygen in the body. Blood will wash away toxins inside the body and be better distributed (for more efficient excretion of toxins) instead of just staying on one place.
- Stress is also a form of psychological toxin. Relieve it by employing positive thoughts, performing exercises and relaxing.
- Live a healthy and happy life since toxins always flourishes in an unhealthy body. Ensure that your immune system is always strong so that overcoming of unwanted substances will be easier.
- Fiber-rich foods such as rice, bread and vegetables are excellent ways to detoxify your body.
- Consuming pineapple, carrots, celeries, spices, fruits and vegetables is one way to cleanse your body internally.
- Liver is one of the organs that eliminate wastes. Strengthen it by drinking herbal extracts, fruit juices, green tea and milk thistle.
- Sweat away wastes and relax your body as well by bathing in a Jacuzzi or sauna.
Today is the best day to start your detoxification process. Everyday is the right day to do it. As you go on with your venture, you will see positive changes in your body such as regular digestion, better ability to fight diseases, better prevention of illnesses, feelings of lightness and ease, boosts in energy and better sleep. Continue your healthy routines because prevention is always better than cure.