In case you find that you are troubled with a huge bowel condition needing immediate relief, you better go out to get a good bowel cleanser as soon as possible. The big question, however, is how do you spot one from out of the plethora of bowel cleansers displayed on the druggists’ shelves?
What Is a Bowel Cleanser?
- Cleanse the gastrointestinal system of unwanted matters.
- Scrap the hardened feces lodged on the walls of the ailing colon and break them up for easy evacuation.
- Expel these broken up fecal matters through the anus.
- Destroy bad bacteria and harmful parasites.
- Eliminate all toxic matters forming part of the fecal wastes.
When Does One Need a Bowel Cleanser?
Bowel cleansing is an age old process undertaken by people when a bowel (or the colon) gets clogged with the bodily wastes that in turn gives rise to an undesirable build up of toxins, parasites and unfriendly bacteria. If these unwanted matters are not eliminated through the body’s natural process – by the colon, which is required to expel the fecal matters through the rectum and anus – the entire physical system gets very adversely affected.
While unhealthy dietary habits including overeating is the primary reason for weakening the colon, induction of toxin into the body through eating unwholesome food or through environmental pollution further aggravates the problems. This may precisely be the situation when one will need to clean the colon with a good bowel cleanser to get over the problems.
How to Find a Good Bowel Cleanser?
A vast range of bowel cleansers can be found in the market either as packaged products or in the form of plans and programs. Choice of such products and programs can be summarized as given below:
- Natural bowel cleanser programs involving lifestyle changes and consumption of colon friendly foods and herbs, as well as drinking plenty of liquids (clean noncarbonated water and fresh fruit or vegetable juices).
- Allopathic or herbal medication in the form of pills capsules or powders.
- Minimally invasive methods including enema, clyster, lavage and colonic irrigation (or colon hydrotherapy).
In addition to these, one can also find bowel cleanser options through many alternative systems of medicines including Ayurveda, yoga, acupuncture and chiropractics. Considering the large number of choices available in terms of methods or product brands, selection of the appropriate product or method should be done rather systematically. Instead of falling for cheap advertisements in the media or on the web, one should talk to experts or undertake a detailed research on all types of bowel cleansers offered in the market. While availability, ease of usage/administration and cost could be factors worth considering, the quality of the product or the plan should always be given the utmost attention and importance.
A good quality bowel cleanser will not only bring relief to the gastrointestinal problems such as constipation, flatulence, indigestion, etcetera, it can also help enhancing one’s energy level. Apart from the physical gain evidently seen in the bodily system, a first rate bowel cleansing regimen can also do wonders to one’s mind and spirit as well.