You may sometimes wonder as to how colon cleaners tidy up your bowel and flush all the fecal wastes as well as toxins out of your body so effectively. In fact, most of the ingredients used to make colon cleansers are fairly common substances that have been used for centuries to clean the bowel. What Are Colon Cleaners? Colon cleaner is a product or process that is used to cleanse our bowels overloaded with fecal matters. Periodic cleaning of the colon has now become a routine requirement for most of us to get the toxins, parasites and bad bacteria out of our body along with the fecal waste.
Considering the importance of the cleansing regimen, colon cleaners have, more or less, become a part of our lives. A host of different types of colon cleaners using different types of ingredients, are now available in the market.
Some Common Ingredients Used to Make Colon Cleaners
The ingredients used in different colon cleaners could be different. Bulk of the effective ingredients is either natural substances or herbal extracts. Given below are the details of some common ingredients, which are used to make good colon cleaners:
- Psyllium Husk.This husk is extracted from psyllium seeds, which are very well known for excellent laxative qualities and also as a superb fiber supplement, in addition to many other health-related usages. Psyllium husk counters constipation in a very effective manner, promotes perfect bowel movements and is also good for all types of stomach problems including diarrhea.
- Bentonite Clay.Bentonite clay is perhaps the commonest of substances used in making of colon cleaners. It is a clay-like natural substance known to have been extremely effective in soaking up harmful matters toxic matters, bad bacteria, parasites, pathogens, pesticides and other impurities piled up inside our bodies. This capability of bentonite clay helps us in getting rid of constipation and in streamlining our bowel action.
- Cascara Sagrada.Cascara sagrada, with excellent laxative and other medicinal qualities, is another vital ingredient used in many colon cleaners. An effective herbal extract, cascara sagrada tones up the muscles in our intestinal tract and greatly helps us in our bowel movements.
- Turkey Rhubarb.An age-old medicinal ingredient, turkey rhubarb is very effective as a natural colon cleaner and can also aid in streamlining our digestive as well as intestinal lymphatic functions.
- Flaxseeds.A source of linseed oil that has many good medicinal qualities, flaxseeds help in relieving constipation and overcoming digestion problems.
- Wormseed.Also known as Mexican Tea, this herbal extract is extremely good for promoting regular bowel action, digestive functions as also for flushing out the toxins and parasites from our system.
- Blackseed.Extracted from a kind of grass, blackseed is a good colon cleaner material that can promote regular bowel movements and flush out toxins from our bodies rather effectively.
Interestingly, almost all of the natural/herbal substances mentioned above can act as standalone colon clears. Taking even one of them could help keeping your bowel healthy. In addition to the above list, many artificial ingredients are also used to produce colon cleaners.