While fasting may or may not be considered as a very important aspect of a good colon detoxification plan, eating the right kind of diet and drinking plenty of water and fruit or vegetable juices as well as avoidance of toxin-prone foods and beverages are the key to the success of any such plan or program.
What Is the Necessity of Colon Detoxification?
Colon detoxification entails washing your bowel periodically to get the deadly toxic matters out of the bowel. Colon detoxification (or cleansing) becomes necessary when the fecal wastes together with the toxins, harmful parasites and friendly bacteria are not being effectively eliminated from the body due to a malfunctioning colon.
Unless the ailing colon overstuffed with the harmful substances is cleansed in time, the dangerous toxins will find its way into other areas of body and harm other body organs as well. This toxicity problem initiated within your bowel could give rise to a number of diseases including the dreaded colon cancer.
How Can Diet Help In Colon Detoxification?
An unhealthy dietary habit eating junk food/beverages or overeating could be the most obvious cause for the weakening of the colon. A healthy change in the dietary habits in the form of a suitable colon detoxification process can therefore bring considerable improvement in your bowel condition and consequently, to the whole of your body.
This is the precise reason why a dietary change especially inclusion of enough fibers in your food is prescribed as the first thing in all types of natural cleansing processes, including colon detoxification. While specific colon friendly foods, herbal supplements and drinking plenty of water can make your colon to work perfectly again, the requirement of avoiding the wrong kinds of food and beverages is equally important too during the process of colon detoxification.
Diets That Help In Colon Detoxification
Your colon detoxification diet should comprise of the following:
- Eat more of fresh fruits and steamed vegetables.
- Take plenty of soup and stew that are excellent sources of electrolyte and that can help enhancing your energy level.
- Sufficient dietary fibers (say about 20 to 30 grams per day) must form part of your food menu, particularly during the colon detoxification process.
- Take some good herbal supplement seek advice of your doctor about the product and dosage.
- Use a good probiotic to replenish the lot of friendly bacteria destroyed (along with the bad bacteria) during colon detoxification. This also helps in improving your immune system.
- You can maintain an ideal level of Vitamin B and mineral salts in your system simply by adding yeast flakes to your food or beverages.
- A small dose of Vitamin C every morning can aid in boosting up your immune system.
- You must also make a habit of drinking plenty of clean, noncarbonated water not only during the cleansing process, but as a permanent routine
Diet You Should Avoid
The things that you must avoid, at least during the colon detoxification process, are:
- Do not indulge in overeating of any kind.
- Avoid meat products particularly the red meat types, which give off large doses of deadly toxins.
- Reduce intake of sugar or stop it altogether if you can. Sugar is decidedly toxic and known to have caused colon cancer.
- Do not eat junk or processed food and sweetened beverages. The spices and additives used in them contain unsafe chemicals.
- Try to avoid alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration. In case you must, then drink in moderation, particularly during your colon detoxification regimen.
It is up to you as to how you should get your colon detoxification done whether through a bowel cleansing product or a plan. Nonetheless, make sure that you bring about these changes in your dietary habits, at least during the period of the colon detoxification regimen.