Taking care of a routine colon problem should not unduly bother you if you can get a suitable colon cleanse done and take the right kind of treatment for a few days. However, if it is cancer, things may be a little different…
Effect of a Bad Colon Problem
A bad colon can well turnout to be the root cause for a horde of diseases that can make your life really miserable. On the other hand a good colon can protect you from pain, aches and the stresses related to such diseases, help in reducing your weight, perk up your memory and keep you cheerful as well as energetic most of the time.
In case you are conscious of this fact, then you probably will take the right precautions to guard against the factors that are likely to cause any kind of colon problem. For example eating the right kind of food, drinking plenty of water and maintenance of an orderly lifestyle can go a long way in keeping the colon problems at bay.
The Common Colon Problems
Even though the upshot of bad colon is the onset of diverse kind of ailments.
The Most Common Colon Problems are:
- Constipation. The fundamental cause of constipation is usually attributed to inadequacy of dietary fiber. This specific colon problem can be overcome by doing regular physical workouts and drinking plenty of non carbonated, pure drinking water. You should not make a habit of laxatives to rectify the problem because it may be counter productive in the long run.
- Hemorrhoids. This is an extremely common colon problem encountered by many rather frequently. Hemorrhoids, also known as ‘piles’, is an unusually dilated vein inside the rectum or the anus. These can be caused by itching, bleeding and even by straining at the stool – factors generally attributed to a deficiency of dietary fiber.
- Appendicitis. This is an ailment of the appendix manifested through inflammation and infection. The reason for occurrence of appendicitis is again lack of dietary fiber as also absence of friendly bacteria. If the condition comes to light in an advanced stage of infection, there could be a need for undertaking immediate surgery.
- Colitis. Colitis is another complicated colon problem that, when turns ulcerative, may sometimes need surgery. Also called colonitis, irritable bowel or spastic colon, this gastrointestinal condition can be best described as an inflammation of the colon that can also be caused by incessant stress.
- Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is another colon problem that can manifest itself in the form of sacs or pouches – called as diverticula – on the colon wall. The condition is attributed to excessive constipation and can cause severe inflammation, pain and bleeding.
- Anal Fissure. This too is a common colon problem, which occurs due to a tear in the anus and is prone to bleeding as also severe pain.
- Dilated Blood Vessels. Examples of these kinds of colon problems are varicose veins and spider veins, which are also caused by lack of dietary fiber and also straining at the stool, just like hemorrhoids.
- Prolapsed Colon. Prolapsed colon is a common colon problem normally attributed to absence of proper colon hygiene. Also known as fallen colon or ptosis of the colon, this condition is marked by a little downward shift of the organ.
Prevention of Colon Problems
You can easily get around a colon problem by making some adjustments in your lifestyle and the food that you eat. The necessity of drinking enough water (amounting to half your body weights in ounces) is also mandatory.
You should also strive to steer clear of stress and undertake regular physical exercises. Try to avoid use of unnecessary drugs/antibiotics and make a habit of taking food supplements containing friendly bacteria.