In case you are experiencing hard and dry bowel movements rather frequently. the bowel movements considerably fewer than what you normally have the chances are that you have become a victim of constipation. Since this seemingl minor condition can give rise to a horde of other diseases, you have to make every effort to get rid of constipation as soon as possible, lest, it may bring considerable discomfort to your body as well as to your mind.
Why Is Constipation Caused?
Some experts maintain that constipation is not exactly a colon condition but more of a digestive problem. Whatever it is, constipation simply entails that your feces get hard and dry and you find it difficult to evacuate your stools very easily. You also feel incomplete even if you are supposed to have finished with your bowel action.The causes could be many. It may also be different for different people. All the same, let us have a look at the most probable causes:
- Inadequacy of fiber in the diet.
- Not drinking enough water.
- Lack of interest in physical workouts or exercises.
- Improper or excessive medication.
- Excessive use of laxatives.
- Delaying or holding on to the urge for bowel movements.
- Intestinal and colon dysfunctions.
- Persistent occurrence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Health afflictions such as multiple sclerosis, lupus and even stress.
- Travel related fatigue.
- Slowing up/degeneration of bodily systems due to advanced age.
Treatments for Constipation
Laxatives can help to ease your constipation, but only temporarily as long as you keep on taking them. You have to take some other concrete steps therapeutical, lifestyle changes or home remedies that can help you to get rid of the constipation problem rather conclusively.What you must do is just go through the causes again as thoroughly as you can and take care of them one after the other. Most of the causes can be reversed rather easily with a little perseverance and discipline on your part. To tackle the ones that are beyond your capabilities, go to your doctor and follow his instructions. You will then see that the constipation thing is not as bad as it was in the beginning.Nevertheless, if you can follow the undermentioned tips with enough determination and gust, things will undoubtedly be better:
- Eat only when you’re hungry.
- Do not eat between meals. Leave a gap of minimum four hours between two meals. You should not eat anything within two hours before going to sleep.
- Add plenty of fiber rich fruits and vegetables and their juices too to your daily diet. In fact, you must almost double your daily quota of these items (but not more than six ounces of juice of any kind). Reduce the intake of meat, particularly the red types.
- Eat a breakfast preferably comprising of whole bread cereal and Soya milk.
- Drink a glass of warm milk before you hit the bed in the night.
- Adding two teaspoonfuls of castor oil to the milk will do wonders to your bowel action in the following morning.
- Flaxseed oil too is another substance that is good for constipation conditions. Take one tablespoon of the oil after the two major meals followed by drinking a glass of water.
- You can also try drinking lemon juice (mixed with warm water) that can ease your constipation.
- You can use a teaspoonful of aloe gel as an alternative to lemon juice.
- One or two tablespoon of psyllium husk or powder taken with milk or water will also help greatly in constipation.While the lifestyle and dietary changes form part of your daily routine, you must never make a habit of taking all the supplements together one or two should suffice. However, you must also be regular in your workouts and in drinking plenty of water in addition to you daily menu of balanced diet. That should, in all probability, spell the end of your constipation.
While the lifestyle and dietary changes form part of your daily routine, you must never make a habit of taking all the supplements together one or two should suffice. However, you must also be regular in your workouts and in drinking plenty of water in addition to you daily menu of balanced diet. That should, in all probability, spell the end of your constipation.