If constipation has become a big problem for you, better take an herbal colon cleanse right now to get the fecal wastes expelled from your body. Or else, you will end up with a malfunctioning bowel loaded with toxins, harmful bacteria and parasites providing company to the hardened feces lodged on the walls of your precious colon!
Bowel Problems vis-à-vis Herbal Colon Cleanse
The invasion of toxins from the food you eat, the fluids you drink and the air you inhale, is always a major concern to your wellbeing. In order to get these toxins out of your body, a number of your organs – mainly the colon, kidneys, liver, lymphatic system, pancreas, small intestines, spleen and gallbladder – have to work meticulously in conjunction with each other.
Under such conditions, the need for detoxifying your body is extremely important. The focus of this detoxification must center on a weakened colon that can become a breeding ground for toxins, the bad bacteria and parasites as your fecal wastes do not find a way to get out of the body. It then becomes extremely essential to get the accumulated hardened feces – and consequently the toxic matters – flushed out of your system. Of the numerous cleansing products presently available in the market, herbal colon cleanse could become a great alternative for you
Major Ingredients Used To Make Herbal Colon Cleanse
Different herbal colon cleanse is prepared with dissimilar sets of herbal extracts. Brief descriptions (exclusively limited to colon/digestion related qualities) of some of the major herbs used for herbal colon cleanse formulations are given below:
- Alfalfa. Apart from providing numerous health benefits, alfalfa also facilitates easy digestion and destroys bad bacteria.
- Psyllium Husk. One of the most effective herbal colon cleanse-supplements, this natural dietary fiber helps in lubricating the feces to facilitate an easy evacuation. Psyllium husk is also immensely beneficial for many other stomach problems.
- Barberry Root. Barberry root assists in expelling stagnant fecal matters from the colon and also helps in bile flow.
- Buckthorn Bark. Buckthorn Bark is a very useful herb, which aids in strengthening the walls of the digestive tract and clears constipation.
- Burdock Root. The herb is considered good for digestion and is also anti-bacterial.
- Black Walnut Hulls. This herb helps in eliminating parasites, fungal infections and tapeworms, and in digestion functions as well.
- Capsicum or Cayenne Fruit. Apart from cleansing the digestive tract, capsicum also add to the effectiveness of all other herbs by facilitating their easy absorption by the body.
- Triphala. An Ayurvedic formulation (combining three separate extracts) Triphala is considered as a first-rate Herbal Colon Cleanse.
- Ginger Root. Aids in digestion and clears abdominal cramping by soothing the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cascara Sagrada. An effective herbal extract, cascara sagrada strengthens the muscles in the intestinal tract and greatly helps in digestion and bowel movements.
- Passion Flower. Helps in digestion and soothes muscles to alleviate cramping.
- Peach Leaves. A natural laxative.
- Peppermint Leaf. Helps in soothing the muscles of the digestive system thereby preventing indigestion.
- Wormwood. Destroys parasites and worms.
- Slippery Elm Bark. It relaxes the inflamed tissues and strengthens the muscles of the intestinal tract.
Formulation and Dosage
Blending an herb with another, or with more of them, could prove more useful as an integrated herbal colon cleanse. However, you should not try to blend the herbs on your own to avoid any possible adverse effect.
There have also been some criticism on the excessive trust placed by people on herbal colon cleanse products. You must therefore consult your doctor and strive to get a better know-how on the subject before you opt for an herbal colon cleanse to get your bowel washed.