Colon Flow Overview
The cleanser Colon Flow is made by the popular health product company, CalComp Nutrition. The product is accompanied by the ‘As Seen on TV’ label, which, while attracting some consumers, can also have the effect of making it seem like a gimmick.
The company’s official website features a video presentation of an interview with Dr. Beth Ley, who, according to one website is credited with developing the formula. Not much information regarding Dr. Ley’s background is given, but she has had 27 health books published in the past.
The section headings listed on the website all lead to the video, therefore one would have to sit and watch the whole presentation in order to learn facts about Colon Flow. Obviously this would be a problem for someone with a slow computer or no audio feature.
There are actually two websites promoting Colon Flow. The other website (without the video) features more information about colon health and the increase of colon cancer. It is not presented in a way to make it appear as ‘scare-mongering’, but states the statistical evidence and the many dangers of having an unhealthy colon. It also talks about ‘diverticulosis’, a disease that is mentioned on other websites but never fully explained.
Details Of Colon Flow
The Colon Flow website shows the product label but does not describe the function of each ingredient. The product is a blend of vitamin C, magnesium, plus a number of ‘good’ bacterias, such as Bifidbacterium Longum and Lactobacillus Acidphilus. Other ingredients listed are apple pectin, and a bioflavonoid complex.
The recommended dosage for Colon Flow is 2 capsules per day, 30 minutes before the first and last meals of the day. The makers suggest that a healthy diet high in fruits and vegetables is also part of the process.
Colon Flow Advantages
- The ingredients in Colon Flow are all natural.
- The website features a video presentation.
- There is a comprehensive FAQ section.
- The company provides links to other independent health information resources.
- The manufacturers, CalComp Nutrition have been in business for over 20 years.
- The company offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
- The product is available at competitive prices by other online health retailers.
- Colon Flow is reasonably priced at $38.95 for a one month supply.
Colon Flow Disadvantages
- The website contains no full explanations of the ingredients listed.
- The product can cause temporary side effects such as body aches, bloating and gas.
- There is confusion as to which is the ‘official’ Colon Flow website.
- There are no independent reviews to be found on the internet.
Colon Flow – The Bottom Line
Apart from the confusion regarding the Colon Flow websites, there is also conflicting information about which doctor actually developed the product. On one it is credited to Dr. Ley, but mentions the name of Dr. Richard DeAndrea, whilst Dr. DeAndrea seems to have his own Colon Flow product containing different ingredients. It makes it very hard to the consumer to do any thorough research about the product when deciding which to buy.
ColonFlow would be a good product to use for gently cleansing the body and increasing elimination but the company do make it clear that, unlike some cleansers on the market, it is not necessarily to be used for weight loss.