The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
In brief, What is Colon Shield?
Colon Shield is a dietary supplement designed to clean up the colon. It helps make the colon more efficient in performing its functions like the absorption of food and elimination of digestive waste.
It is made using a scientifically calibrated formula of herbs and other natural extracts. The product helps expel digestive waste and potentially harmful toxins from the colon using fiber-rich and other detoxifying ingredients.
It is only being sold online on the Wellmed website for $24.95 (60 capsules) which is supply for a month. 180 capsules (3 month’s supply) is priced $39.95, 360 capsules (6 month’s supply) is priced $74.95 while 720 capsules (12 month’s supply) is priced $134.95 on the product’s webpage.
Who is the Leading Manufacturer?
Colon Shield is from Wellmed LLC which is a wellness company that offers a range of dietary supplements. The company claims to provide customers with the highest guaranteed potency of natural formulations based on recent clinical studies.
They offer a refund on all their products in case the customer is not completely satisfied. However, Wellmed LLC is not known and still doesn’t have an established reputation in the supplement and wellness industries.
What are the Ingredients of Colon Shield?
- Psyllium Husk – This shrub-like herb is popular for treating irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, high cholesterol and other health problems naturally. Some studies have shown its effectiveness primarily for treating constipation and promoting the regularity of bowel movements. It is high in fiber which helps lower bad cholesterol, reduce risk of heart disease and prevent constipation.
- Senna Leaves – It is a natural laxative common in the formulation of colon cleansers. It can be used to treat constipation naturally and regular intake helps ensure regular bowel movement. It is said to help expel digestive waste stuck in the walls of the colon although there is no substantial evidence of this yet.
- Cascara Sagrada – This is one of the most popular natural laxatives used in alternative medicine. It can be used both for acute and chronic constipation.
- Proprietary blend – Lactobacillus acidophilus, papaya fruit powder, ginger root extract, Aloe Vera gel powder, fennel seed powder, fenugreek seed powder, barberry root powder, cramp bark powder, buckthorn bark powder, acacia gum, slippery elm bark powder and peppermint leaf powder. The proprietary blend is a combination of ingredients that work to help improve colon health. Probiotics is included which helps increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the colon improving digestion.
How Does Colon Shield Work?
Colon Shield uses a combination of natural ingredients that help cleanse the colon including mild laxatives that promote the removal of digestive waste that can get stuck in the walls of the colon.
The product also contains ingredients that help enhance the detoxification process of the body. It also contains a probiotic that helps improve the ratio of beneficial bacteria in the colon to improve digestion.
What’s Good in Colon Shield?
- The formulation is made from natural ingredients only.
- It includes a probiotic ingredient that helps improve colon health.
- The product is offered with a money back guarantee.
What’s Bad in Colon Shield?
- Some users say it causes side effects primarily digestive disturbance.
- Several ingredients are known to cause side effects.
- The product is only being sold on the Wellmed website.
Start by taking one capsule a day then gradually increase intake by one capsule every other day until you reach 2 to 3 bowel movements a day. Follow intake with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without meals but risk of side effect can be reduced by taking it with food.
In Summary – Colon Shield Review
The formulation is a combination of the most popular natural laxatives and detoxifiers but Colon Shield has not undergone clinical testing so there is no proof that it is effective or safe. It is worth trying mostly because of the return policy allowing you to get a refund if you’re not completely satisfied.
The problem is that there is a certain amount of risk in trying the product not just financially but in terms of safety as well. The colon cleansing product is worth trying but there are better alternatives on the market which are actually clinically proven to be both effective and safe.